DIY Explanation

pour améliorer, meaning 'to improve', is a humble record of our renovation, home improvement and landscaping projects, with our travel adventures thrown in.

11 July, 2011

The Museum Charge Continues

We had pre-booked a Paris Museum pass that cost a fortune, but guaranteed us free admission to most museums in Paris, including the Louvre, which we definitely took advantage of. While we were recuperating in the Louvre cafe, we had a look at the rest of the museums we had marked as 'interesting', and panicked a bit about how much we had to do in so little time.

So, although we left the Louvre with my feet throbbing, we powered on, and hopped on the nearest metro to make our way out to the Trocadero, where there were a few more museums to be seen.

Here's Tom doing his Pregnant French Man impression.


There's a fantastic view of the Eiffel Tower from the Trocadero.


First stop, the marine museum.




How enormous is this figurehead?!!!


And this one!


Tom wants one of these for our house. Hmm...


You'll never guess who! Louis!!!



Still a long way from going back home, but thinking fondly of it.


A big missile. What is it about weapons and boys, eh?


Some models of warships...




A very early form of a diving suit (I think). How anyone ever survived those, I'll never know.


This is a lighthouse bulb. Incredible, huh?





Tom found another rudder to play with.


There was also an aquarium listed as included in our museum pass, so we wandered (or in my case limped) down the hill from the Trocadero to check it out. It turned out that this one is not included in the museum pass. Very sad face. We trudged (and in my case limped) up the hill again.


We were intrigued by this bicycle parked nearby...


We reached the top of the hill, and decided to just enjoy the view of our tower (yes, the Eiffel Tower is ours now).



Tom attempted to lift it...


I poked it.


And tried to push it over.


Tom had to one up me, and tried to kick it over. Actually in order to take this shot, I had to lie on the ground on my back. I ended up staying there for a while, it felt so good for my back and feet.


We love that tower.


We made our way into another section of the Trocadero to sample the architecture museum. I adored the clocks they had in their foyer! 4:30am in Australia!





It didn't take long for us to take advantage of the very wide cushy seats they had around the place to rest our feet and stretch out our backs a bit. It took a fair bit of convincing to get me up off that thing.


We admired a replica (at least I think it was a replica) of a statue version of the last supper. Someone's lost their head, unfortunately.





Anyone home?


One of the biggest nativities I've ever seen!



There's our tower through the window!


They had a little play area for kids to make funny faces out of pieces of rubbery plastic. Of course, I had to give it a go.


Once we'd mucked around enough, we left in search of dinner (and a rest for my poor little footsies).


We went in search of the student district, which promised cost effective food. We didn't quite find it, but enjoyed what we found (see here). We found Paris's pantheon afterwards...



The Luxembourg gardens were nearby, but unfortunately locked for the evening.


They looked nice from where we stood!



Probably just as well. My poor feet probably couldn't handle much more strolling, even in the most beautiful circumstances! These are the offending shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...