DIY Explanation

pour améliorer, meaning 'to improve', is a humble record of our renovation, home improvement and landscaping projects, with our travel adventures thrown in.

19 June, 2011

Going Eastern

We boarded the overnight train from Budapest at 8pm, scheduled to arrive around 4am in Prague. Yay.

Here are our Big Daddy (or getting a bit more like Big Grandad with all of his ailments) and Little Baby suitcases stored ready for the trip.



Contrary to the title of this post, the direct line from Budapest to Prague actually travels kind of North-West. When I say 'going East', I refer to the fact that we actually managed to slot a bonus kinda Eastern-European country into our itinerary during that trip. Here we are at Bratislava station in Slovakia! Score!


I'm afraid I missed it.


But here's what the Slovakian countryside looks like in the dead of night (or morning) when viewed from a high speed train! Beautiful, huh (and no, that isn't a photo that wouldn't load, in case you were concerned)?


Unfortunately that's all I have to say about that (sorry, I appear to be channeling Forrest Gump now). Slovakia is probably lovely. That's my professional opinion.

You'll be pleased to know that we did manage to see much more of our next destination, Prague. More on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...