DIY Explanation

pour améliorer, meaning 'to improve', is a humble record of our renovation, home improvement and landscaping projects, with our travel adventures thrown in.

15 February, 2011

I've Been Naughty

I can't seem to stop myself from skipping about five thousand steps ahead of where we're at with our house renovation, and thinking about how I want to decorate the house once we're done.

Painting the master bedroom this past weekend has also given me confidence that the end is not so very far away. We've been focusing so much on the giant tasks that need completing (like the kitchen extension, and perhaps an actual operating kitchen, the bathroom, the ensuite, the house raising, etc etc), that it sort of hadn't occurred to me that some parts of this renovation are actually relatively easy (when you subtract machines from the equation), and pretty quick, like the painting was! So I feel like we're getting much closer to having a liveable house.

I should probably declare now once and for all that I am completely addicted to design/DIY blogs, and I'm devouring the professional Ideabooks on houzz.com in my spare time like they're my last meal. It turns out that this is really dangerous, because I can barely contain my impatience to get our house to a point where I can start decorating!!!! Although what would we do with all of our spare time then?

So.... how have I been naughty you ask? Are you sitting down?

I've fallen in love, and handed my credit card over for a new chair.

I know!!!! Tom's going to kill me.

But I've been seeing this particular chair ALL OVER houzz, and it's so quirky and interesting, and it was on sale (with an extra 30% off the delivery cost as well), and I really really really really really really really REALLY want it!!!!!

Yep. He's going to kill me.

Want to see?


Voila! Isn't he beautiful? OK, some may not appreciate him, but I think he's gorgeous.

He is the Kartell Louis Ghost Chair by Philippe Starck. Read more about his history here.

As I said, I've been seeing him all over the place, and falling more and more in love each time. Here are a few snapshots:

WLA2 modern living room

Row House Interiors Breakfast Area eclectic kitchen


Bedroom eclectic bedroom

new project contemporary dining room

Master Bedroom modern bedroom

James Wagman Architect, LLC - Apartment - CPW 2P contemporary living room

Dining Delight eclectic dining room

photo collage eclectic dining room

Teenage girls bedroom contemporary bedroom

Living Room Chic eclectic living room

Home office inspiration contemporary home office

See? He's everywhere! And he has so many uses! Ideally I would love to use him as my office chair once my little home office takes shape, but that's not going to happen for quite a while.

I really should have waited. But I did my characteristic Internet trawling, and most places had him (replicas, not the designer versions) for $150 and upwards, with hefty delivery charges piled on top. I found my Louis on sale at Relax House for only $119, with 30% off their ordinary delivery charge bringing him to a total of $151. Considering you can pay more than that for just a standard office chair (see here), I think I did pretty well...right?

Yeah I know, I sound like I'm justifying him too hard. But I refuse to regret him! Louis and I will not be separated any longer! Our love transcends money! [Please forgive me when you read this, honey].

So there you have it. This blog has now turned into a confessional. Lord help me not to spend any more money this month!

I have to leave you with another picture of him, cos he's just so pretty!

sourced from casasugar

3 comments:

  1. I love it Bec - you've convinced me that it is completely justified.
    Tash xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course he's worth it, he's a PHILIPPE STARCK!!! genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls! There's nothing like a bit of backup when you've spent money unnecessarily.... ahem.... completely necessarily, since he's my Louis!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...