DIY Explanation

pour améliorer, meaning 'to improve', is a humble record of our renovation, home improvement and landscaping projects, with our travel adventures thrown in.

30 September, 2011

Pantry Perfection

 

I'm interrupting the regular programming with a bit of a blast from the past.

Meet our old pantry.

This was our fabulously large (and might I say equally fabulously well organised?) pantry at our last house. That's the house where everything was spick and span and fresh and new, a far cry from our current house.


And I am really really missing it now that we're in a house where we've installed a kitchen that didn't come with a pantry.


Particularly now that we've got rid of that gorgeous hutch, which was operating as my pantry!


But I digress.
I decided that it was high time I showed you what we once had.


I had a shelf for appliances...

I invested in a whole heap of lazy susans so I could get to all my jars of things even at the very back...

 And speaking of jars, I splurged and bought myself a mountain of jam-preserving type jars in varying sizes, for some nice cohesive storage of all the dry ingredients.




All the spare ingredients (i.e. the refills) lived in a little CD/DVD cabinet that I bought from Officeworks for about $30 on the very top shelf...


And then there was the cansolidator. Ahhh be still my beating heart. This ingenious plastic device allows you to slot canned food in on the top row, and it rolls down to the bottom, so you use everything in order, from oldest to youngest! It's genious, I tell you! No more piles of cans where the oldest ones are buried right at the back on the bottom row!


I found a deal online for ten of these little spice racks for a ridiculously low price (something like $1 each), and the little bit of wall to the left of the door inside the pantry was the perfect width for them.



And then on the inside of the door were a couple more spice racks, a roll dispenser (if that's the right word) - that you put your baking paper and cling wrap into (and the paper towels hang from the bottom), and my favourite, the plastic bag dispenser (the silver thing) to store those unwieldy plastic shopping bags neatly.


Sigh. Wasn't it perfect? It took me a while to get it to that stage, and then we moved house.

Oh to be that organised again!










Somewhat Simple




Beyond The Picket Fence








HookingupwithHoH


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating




The Shabby Nest








4 comments:

  1. Ah I would LOVE such a neat pantry! It's something to aspire to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so unique and lovely.. Very Organized.. LOVE IT.. I would LOVE to have you link it to my linky party going on today - Pin'Inspirational Thursdays over at The ArtsyGirl Connection - TY :)) Link is -http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/pinspirations-pinterest-inspirational.html ps: officially following ya :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog through Delightful Order. Your pantry is terrific. So neat and organized - it is picture perfect. Enjoy it!

    Oksana

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool pantry, never seen one like it. Have fun

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...