DIY Explanation

pour améliorer, meaning 'to improve', is a humble record of our renovation, home improvement and landscaping projects, with our travel adventures thrown in.

08 September, 2011

Check Out my Hutch

 

I'm really excited about my latest furniture addition to our house (and yes, I am well aware that a proper furnished house tour is well overdue - I only have this one where the house is still completely empty).

I was searching for something for this spot, the extended wall between the dining room and the kitchen (which desperately needs a coat of paint over that white undercoat, I know). As nice as it is to keep things open, I've been looking for something that would offer a little more storage capacity than the little end table that's been sitting there for months (please excuse the mess).


And then I spotted this beauty on Gumtree! For $75!!!


I did the measurements, and it's almost exactly the same width as that wall.


Sure, he has a few dings and scratches...


But since he's a bit dark and foreboding for my taste at the moment (and in such a small room that's not the greatest idea) there's nothing a coat of paint can't fix.

(Please also take a moment to adore my gorgeous Mr Owl!)


Maybe some new knobs.


And some little door-closing magnets so the doors close properly.


But for the grand old price of $75, I think I can handle a few little defects!


Hooray for more storage space! Can't wait to fill him up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...