DIY Explanation

pour améliorer, meaning 'to improve', is a humble record of our renovation, home improvement and landscaping projects, with our travel adventures thrown in.

18 January, 2013

Transformation Time - Part 4 - Almost an Anti-Climax

After seeing the back, left side, and front (hooray!) of our house painted over the course of a few days, no prizes for guessing what came next.

The other side! Which was actually a bit of an anti-climax in my view, since I was still delirious with joy over the front of the house being painted, and didn't really care about anything else. Then again, I don't think I would have been particularly happy if the house had stayed like this.



Thankfully I had hired the painters to do the whole of the outside of the house, so my low level of enthusiasm for this fourth side didn't affect theirs.


And we were left with this. A fully painted house! Hooray!


It would appear that my ambivalence towards that side of the house is not a new thing. I had a lot of trouble finding in-progress shots of how it has changed over time since we bought the house. That has a lot to do with the fact that our side fence obscures most of the bottom level, so it's definitely not a very conspicuous side of the house.


Nevertheless, through sheer determination I found enough pictures to give you a little walk down memory lane for this side of the house.



And that brings us to the end of our epic house-painting week. Goodbye icky yellow house forever! Good riddance!


And don't think that because we paid painters for the outside we were resting on our laurels when it came to the inside. Stay tuned for lots more progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...