DIY Explanation

pour améliorer, meaning 'to improve', is a humble record of our renovation, home improvement and landscaping projects, with our travel adventures thrown in.

15 January, 2013

Transformation Time - Part 2

Here's where we left off stage one of Operation House Painting yesterday. Is anyone else as super excited as I am to move on to stage two?


No? Just me? OK fine.

I'll cut straight to the transformation, then.




Because so much of this side wall is taken up by garage door openings, somehow the transformation from yellow to grey (or white to grey in the case of the newly installed weatherboards) didn't seem quite as dramatic as it did on the back of the house.

 

I'm not complaining though. Grey trumps yellow. Every time.

 

The front section of that wall certainly looked like it was trying to look as messy and complicated as it could manage, what with the strange mis-matched windows upstairs (don't worry, I've got a plan for them), air conditioner, and that random bit of yellow board that remains (there's a plan for that too, of course).


But hey. Baby steps. And if you ask me, having this side of the house mostly painted is a pretty giant baby step!!

 

Unfortunately I didn't quite manage to catch the painters before they painted the mismatched pair of windows that lead to our bathroom. I had arranged with the carpenter to put in a new pair of windows that actually match the rest of the windows in the house there, but it didn't quite happen for the painters painted them a lovely gloss white. Whoops! Fortunately they were good natured enough to agree to paint the new window once it was installed, so crisis averted.



And since we're on the topic of windows, let's talk about these ones a little further along, shall we?


If you're super clever, you would have worked out that those windows are actually to my office, since you just get a glimpse of my orange office curtain in that left pane. But hang on a minute, doesn't my office window look like this?


It certainly did. It's the window that was cracked that Tom and I switched with the one on the verandah over a year ago, in what I'm now nicknaming Operation Trouser Arms (formerly known as Operation Too Much Crack).


But obviously it's no longer there. I went to a meeting one morning leaving the keys with my carpenter, and I returned to see that my office window had changed from this... to this!


The timber casements are much more appropriate for our all-timber house, and I think they add a certain panache to my little office. They seem to be playing nicely with the chandelier, at least!


But enough window distraction! Let's get back to the exciting house painting, shall we, with another nice little trip down memory lane.



Again, hardly recognisable. But the really exciting part is yet to come. I'm dying to see the front of the house painted!!!! Who's with me?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...