DIY Explanation

pour améliorer, meaning 'to improve', is a humble record of our renovation, home improvement and landscaping projects, with our travel adventures thrown in.

03 May, 2013

Elm Down Under!

I just couldn't resist sharing this amazing news with you guys.

West Elm has opened a store here in Australia!

The reason for this excitement?

Well... a little while back, I wrote a post documenting my home office rug search journey, the title of which was "Australia Has no Rugs!"

The story ended happily with my realisation that American store West Elm is willing to ship some items to Australia at fairly reasonable shipping rates, and my office rug and I were united and are living happily ever after.


But the fact remains that we seem to be stuck in the 70's with rug fashion here in Australia. It's shagadelic down under, let me tell you!

Of course, as some of the lovely commenters on my Australia Has no Rugs post mentioned, places like Freedom Furniture and Etsy are offering a few pretty good-looking options these days, so my tantrum over there being NO rugs might have been a bit of an overreaction. But at reasonable prices, the good ones have still been pretty hard to find!

But now, with West Elm moving into the Australian market, I see good things for our home decor fashion future!

Just look at these beauties!!!


And of course they sell more than just rugs, I just get all hot and bothered over the rugs.

Now if only I wasn't spending all of my money on a new house, so I could go shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Oh they do have a really lovely selection of rugs!

    PS: I'm hosting a Suigo hair pack giveaway; hope you enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/05/suigo-hair-review-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...