DIY Explanation

pour améliorer, meaning 'to improve', is a humble record of our renovation, home improvement and landscaping projects, with our travel adventures thrown in.

02 June, 2012

Dining Additions

Can you believe that back in January I got all excited about ordering Louis II, Louis III, Louis IV and Louis V, and then completely forgot to actually get excited (well on this blog at least) when they actually arrived?

Just as a quick recap, these are the cane chairs that we were using in the dining room, which I spray-painted white.


I finally decided to take the plunge and order four clear replica armless Louis ghost chairs.

And when they arrived, there was no mistaking what was inside the box!!!


I'm surprised we actually managed to get them inside the front door in their box!


It didn't take long for me to banish the white chairs, and pop these guys into their place!


And then take as many photos from as many different angles as I possibly could.


I'm really happy with the decision to go with the clear chairs, since you can still see the fancy turned leg of the table through them.


As you can see, this was before our very exciting loungeroom-rug-swapsie.



So much shiny.


In addition to being pretty (as are the Valentines Day flowers on the table - thanks honey!), they're practical too. Even though we don't have kids, we can definitely still appreciate non-precious furniture!


But I am in no way finished with this dining room! Louis II, III, IV and V (see here for Louis I) will not be gathering dust. I have plans for a rug, the curtains will be attacked by my sewing machine any day now, the miniscule little lampshade hanging over the table is kind of ridiculous (see our house tour for a view of it), and I'm not particularly happy with all of the dark timber furniture. Much too much brown in that room for my tastes at the moment!

So needless to say, there will be more dining additions in the not-too-distant future!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your table! What kind of paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have no idea actually, I sent it to a car spray painter, and they painted it in a gloss 2-pac finish for me.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...