DIY Explanation

pour améliorer, meaning 'to improve', is a humble record of our renovation, home improvement and landscaping projects, with our travel adventures thrown in.

01 May, 2012

Put A Wall On It

Has anyone noticed that I've developed a habit of mounting things on the wall?

My stationery...


My calculator...


You get the idea. And I'm not finished yet!

My next target was this little space, just to the right of my framed computer monitor, above my calculator.


I decided that I wanted a place to hold my mobile phone during the day as I worked, and found some little clear plastic business card holders on a stationery website, one of which would do the job nicely.


I drilled a little hole through the back of the card holder (which I then widened with progressively larger drill bits)


And then repeated that process on the bottom of the card holder, so that I could fit the phone charger cord through.


I screwed the card holder to the wall, and here you can see that the charger pokes nicely through the hole in the bottom.


And it worked very nicely!


But I wasn't finished yet. I moved to the other side of my office, near my filing cabinet cabinet.

When using my office, I've discovered that I tend to use the top of that cabinet to work with files and staple things. But I hadn't factored in any stapler storage into my genius filing cabinet cabinet! Shock horror! And I manage to clutter up the top of that cabinet quite well enough without adding stationery to it as well!


So can you guess where this is heading? Right over to that far curtain in the corner.


Which, when you pull it back, is hiding a little sliver of grey wall.


So, no prizes for guessing what I did with the rest of the clear business card holders I still had.


The perfect spot for my stapler!


But I didn't stop at one. I put up six in a row along that wall (sorry about the weird colours, I did this after the sun had gone down).


And then filled them with stationery!


The stapler is at the perfect height to just reach over and grab it whenever I need it (with the staple remover not far behind). So exciting, huh?


Well I think it's exciting. But then again, I do seem to have an unnatural obsession with making homes for my stationery.


But the best part about this? With the curtain back in place, my stapler is completely hidden!


Well very nearly hidden. If you peek from the side you can just see a hint of what lurks from behind the curtain.


I think I'm beginning to run out of available wall space now! How sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...